Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good News

I received a text message from Lilian yesterday. She is featured in an earlier blog.
This is the young woman we have sponsored through secondary school and university - we actually have a long history, the rest not yet written up.

I actually have a video of Manyata Primary School with and she is in it and mentions that her favorite tree is Mtalawanda. It is an indigenous species that I introduced to the school.
Anyway she has been texting me about her university fees which are due shortly and that she is at home between semesters.

What is pleasing was her message to say she had visited Manyata Primary School to see how her Mtalawanda trees were progressing, and she was happy to report that they were health and doing well. Then she added that they have a nice tree nursery there, serving the community.

This is one of the nurseries that I started and so it is with some satisfaction that the sustainability of the project continues.

I have added Lilian's picture of when she was chairperson of the school's environment club. She is in the tree nursery.

No comments: