Saturday, May 24, 2008

Intro

 Tanzania is part of East Africa but most people back home assume it is somehow South Africa
this is probably because New Zealand has so many ties with South Africa.

Blogging is new to me, but I have an agenda that I will reveal (nothing sinister) at a later date.
I have been a Forester and created a large pine forest from an area of gorse and scrub. I have been a Nurseryman growing both indigenous and exotic trees and shrubs.
I have worked in Tanzania East Africa, working with primary schools and village people, teaching them how to improve their environment by planting trees. We built a couple of schools, established seven small tree nurseries, established some water projects and built rainwater harvesting schemes in several key places.

There are a few stories to tell, and that is why Footsteps NZ-TZ is appropriate - there are serious things, funny things and tear-jerking things to tell and I will do this as time permits.

As you can see, I am an environmentalist, but not the activist type. I will hug a tree but I will also cut it down if I feel it appropriate to do so. I like animals, and insects too, and have done my bit in humanities as well.

I like to to take an interest in things.

No comments: